Arugula or rocket leaves are the most common salad leaves and can be easily recognized by their bitter and peppery taste. They are high in fiber, calcium, potassium and many vitamins. Here I have a simple salad recipe that is quite filling and definitely delicious.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Arugula leaves||2 cups packed|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Lime juice||1 tbsp|
|Mustard sauce||1 tbsp|
|Crushed pepper||1/2 tsp|
- Wash all the vegetables and drain them fully.
- Mix oil, honey, lime juice, mustard sauce, chopped green onion (only the green part), salt and pepper in one bowl. Whisk it vigorously so that everything is mixed properly. The dressing is ready, keep it aside.
- Slice red onion thinly.
- Peel the apple and slice it thinly.
- Peel the avocado and cut in cubes.
- Cut cucumber and tomatoes in similar sizes.
- Mix arugula, apple, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and avocado in a big bowl.
- Toast pecans lightly so that they are crisp. Let them cool and then add to the salad bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing to the bowl and gently toss the vegetables. Make sure that all the leaves are coated with salad dressing.
- Arugula salad is ready to serve.
- You can add feta cheese or any other vegetables to the salad.
- Always taste the dressing before adding to the vegetables. Dressing should taste good. If not, adjust the seasonings.