Tres Leches means Three Milks in Spanish and it is made with three different types of milks. It is a popular cake in Mexico and Latin America. It is the best cake I have ever eaten and it’s so easy to make.
|Preparation Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1.5 tsp|
|Eggs||5 at room temperature|
|Whole milk||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tsp|
|Evaporated milk||12 oz|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/4 cup|
|Condensed milk||14 oz|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 pint|
|Powdered sugar||3 tbsp|
|Mixed berries||32 oz|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch x 13 inch pan with butter.
- Sift and combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a bowl add egg yolks and 3/4 cup of sugar. Whisk till it becomes light yellow.
- Whisk in vanilla essence and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture in the flour mixture. Keep aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl till the peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and whisk again till peaks for again.
- Fold in the egg white mixture in the flour mixture till just combined.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake it for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
- Once it’s completely cool, remove it from the pan and flip it over. Prick the cake with the help of a fork.
- Combine whipping cream, evaporated milk, and condensed milk and slowly pour it all over the cake.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate the cake for a few hours so that the milk is soaked in.
- Whisk the whipping cream and sugar for the frosting till it’s almost solid.
- Layer the cream on top of the cake.
- Top it with the berries of your choice. The Tres Leches Cake is ready to be devoured.