Quinoa is much more healthy than white rice and it can easily replace white rice in Indian meals. To ease into quinoa, you can start with half quinoa and half rice instead of 100% rice. In fact Steamed Quinoa And Rice together make the rice less sticky. So all in all, Steamed Quinoa And Rice is healthier, equally tasty and has a better texture than just Steamed Rice.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
- Wash rice thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour it in a sauce pan. Add quinoa, water and cloves and soak it for 1 hour.
- Cook it on high heat till it starts boiling.
- Reduce the heat and cover it. Stir occasionally. Wait till all the water dries up (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Serve it hot with any dal.
- For best results always soak quinoa and rice for at least one hour but it’s not necessary if you are in a hurry.
- You can change the ratio of quinoa and rice as per your liking. Remember, Quinoa has double the protein and 1/15 carbohydrates in comparison of white rice.