Quinoa is much more healthy than white rice and it can easily replace white rice in Indian meals. To ease into quinoa, you can start with half quinoa and half rice. In fact half and half makes the rice less sticky.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
- Wash rice thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour it in a sauce pan. Add quinoa. Add water and cloves and soak it for 1 hour.
- Cook it till it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover it. Stir occasionally. Wait till all the water dries up (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Serve it hot with any dal.
- For best results always soak quinoa and rice for at least one hour but it’s not necessary if you are in a hurry.
- You can change the ratio of quinoa and rice as per your liking. Remember, Quinoa has double the protein and 1/15 carbohydrates in comparison of white rice.