Jeera Rice is a very simple rice preparation that you can make every day. If you have leftover steamed rice, you can easily put heeng jeera tadka on it to make it Jeera Rice.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 tsp|
- Wash rice until the water becomes clear.
- Soak rice in two cups of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan. Add jeera (cumin seeds). Wait till they crackle.
- Now add soaked rice in it without the water. Mix well and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining water in the sauce pan and the salt. Cover the pan and cook till it starts boiling. Turn the heat to low and let it cook.
- Toss and turn lightly a couple of times. Once the water is fully absorbed, turn off the heat.
- Leave it in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Jeera Rice is ready to serve.
- It goes well with Raita and Matar Paneer.
- For variation, you can also add a bay leaf or a clove to the rice while boiling.
- For plating you can top the rice with thawed peas.
Based on 1 Review(s)