|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Young Papita (papaya)||1 (1 lb peeled and cut pieces)|
|Methi (fenugreek) seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/8 cup|
- Peel and cut papaya into one inch pieces. Wash and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add methi seeds. Wait till they start to sizzle.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix.
- Add papaya pieces and salt. Mix well. Reduce heat and cook it covered for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the papaya pieces become soft, add brown sugar, lemon juice and garam masala. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes until sugar melts and mixed well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Potato Curry and Puri.
- Stir it gently so that it’s not totally mashed up but if it gets totally mashed up, don’t worry, it still tastes great.
- Make sure that the papaya is young and green. When it’s ripe the taste will change and it will also become soft.