|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Young Papita (papaya)||1 (1 lb peeled and cut pieces)|
|Methi (fenugreek) seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/8 cup|
- Peel and cut papaya into one inch pieces. Wash and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add methi seeds. Wait till they start to sizzle. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix. Add papaya pieces and salt. Mix well. Reduce heat and cook it covered for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the papaya pieces become soft, add brown sugar, lemon juice and garam masala. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes until sugar melts and mixed well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Potato Curry and Puri.
- Stir it gently so that it’s not totally mashed up but if it gets totally mashed up, don’t worry, it still tastes great.
- Make sure that the papaya is young and green. When it’s ripe the taste will change and it will also become soft.