Green papaya has papaya enzymes, which can not only decompose protein and sugar but they can also decompose fat and this feature can be considered as one of the best health benefits for the human body. So Kachcha Papita (Green Papaya) Vegetable is not only delicious, it’s pretty healthy too.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Green Papita (papaya)||1 (1 lb peeled and cut pieces)|
|Methi (fenugreek) seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Fresh lime juice||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Hara dhaniya (fresh coriander leaves)||1/8 cup|
- Peel and cut papaya into one inch pieces. Wash and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add methi seeds. Wait till they start to sizzle.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix.
- Add papaya pieces and salt. Mix well. Reduce heat and cook it covered for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the papaya pieces become soft, add brown sugar, lemon juice and garam masala. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes until sugar melts and mixed well. Kachcha Papita (Green Papaya) Vegetable is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Potato Curry and Puri.
- Stir it gently so that it’s not totally mashed up but if it gets totally mashed up, don’t worry, it still tastes great.
- Make sure that the papaya is young and green. When it’s ripe the taste will change and it will also become soft.