Palak Paneer is the most popular spinach preparation in the Indian cuisine. Surprisingly because of spinach and paneer, it’s very healthy too.
|Preparation Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 30 minutes|
|Servings: 4||Difficulty: Easy|
|Palak (spinach)||500 gm|
|Adarak (ginger)||1 tbsp grated|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tbsp|
|Jeera (cumin) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1 tsp|
|Jaiphal (nutmeg) powder||A pinch|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
- Blanch the palak leaves and grind them in a paste.
- Peel and chop onions and ginger finely.
- Cut paneer in cubes.
- Heat oil and butter. Add jeera and wait till they puff up. Add onion and ginger and fry till they are translucent. You can even add slit green chillies at this point if you like.
- Add jeera powder and red chilli to the wok and mix. Now add paneer cubes and mix. Cook for a minute.
- Add palak puree. Cook it for a few minutes. Add salt, jaiphal powder and garam masala. Now add whisked dahi and 1/2 a tsp of sugar. Cook for few minutes.
- Add cream, mix and turn off the heat. Palak Paneer is ready.
- The consistency should not be runny. You should be able to serve it in the plate.
- Serve it hot with Roti or Parantha.
- You may add some fresh cream to the curry before serving.