Arrabiata Sauce is one of the most popular pasta sauces. “Arrabbiata” literally means “angry” in Italian, and the name of the sauce is due to the heat of the chili pepper (from wikipedia).
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 15 minutes|
|Servings: 2||Difficulty: Easy|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|Chopped Garlic||1 tbsp|
|Chopped Onion||1/4 cup|
|Chopped Celery||2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Flakes||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Tomato Puree||1/2 cup|
|Ready Made Tomato Puree||1/2 cup|
|Dry Oregano leaves||1 tsp|
|Dried Parsley||1/2 tsp|
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute them till limp.
- Add chopped celery and saute for couple of minutes.
- Now add both tomato purees to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes till thick.
- Add salt, chilli flakes, oregano leaves and parsley leaves.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Arrabiata Sauce is ready to be used in pasta.
- Toss in freshly boiled pasta and stir fried vegetables. Top it with Parmesan cheese and pasta is ready to serve.
- You can replace celery with coriander stems if you don’t have celery available.
- Feel free to use fresh parsley or oregano if you have them.