Tikiya Bread is a hybrid of tikiya and a potato sandwich. A great snack when you want something filling and yummy.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Chopped Green Chilies (optional)||3-4|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Roasted Cumin Seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Fresh Lime Juice||1 tbsp|
- Boil the potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them coarsely. Add all the dry spices, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves, lime juice and chopped green chillies.
- Mix everything and make an even potato mixture.
- Coat one side of each bread slice with the potato mixture. Make sure even the corners are coated well.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Once it’s hot, place the bread slices with potato side down. Be very careful so that the potatoes don’t fall off. Gently press the slices on the pan so that potatoes stick to the bread.
- Add more ghee as required. Flip it gently after 5 minutes or when the potato side is brown.
- Brown the bread side too and serve it hot with a chutney of your choice.
- They taste the best when they are crisp on both sides.
- You can replace ghee with oil in this recipe if you want.
Based on 3 Review(s)