Sweet French Toast is made by dipping the bread slices in sweetened egg mixture and then pan fried.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|French Bread||4 Slices|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||1/8 tsp|
- Break the egg in a wide bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add cinnamon, milk, vanilla and salt and beat again lightly.
- Slice the bread and dip in the egg mixture. Dip it for at least half a minute so that it gets a little wet from inside. Although it should not become too soft.
- Heat some butter in a nonstick pan. Lay out the bread slices on it once it gets hot.
- Let it cook for a minute or until it browns properly. Now flip it and cook the other side too
- Once both sides are brown, serve it hot with a topping of your choice. I personally like honey but you could use any fruit compote, whipped cream and fresh fruit, maple syrup or whatever else you like.
- You could any kind of bread for this but it should be firm.
- You could use oil to fry the toast but it will not give you the rich taste that butter gives. And also be generous with the butter if you are going to have french toast.