French Toast is a breakfast preparation made with eggs and bread. This recipe is savory but it can be made sweet too: Sweet French Toast.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Green chillies chopped (optional)||1|
|Coriander leaves chopped||1/4 cup|
- Cut the sides of bread slices off. Cut the bread slices diagonally into 2 pieces each.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl thoroughly. Add milk and whisk again.
- Add salt, green chillies and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add some butter.
- Dip one piece of bread in the egg mixture, coat it thoroughly from all sides and place it in the pan. Repeat to add more pieces to the pan.
- Reduce heat and cover with lid.
- Flip the pieces after a minute or so. Cover again.
- Remove the pieces from pan, once they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- Breakfast suggestion: Porridge, Pohe and French Toast