When I was a kid, my Mom used to make these delicious bread rolls that we used to absolutely love. As we grew up, we realized that it’s actually too rich for adults. And then I found this guilt free variation, which tastes almost as good as its fried variant. Don’t believe it, try Healthy Bread Rolls. It’s easy to make.
|Preparation Time:||60 minutes|
|Servings:||20 Bread Rolls|
|Paneer (cottage cheese)||1 cup|
|Boiled Potatoes||2 medium|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Amchur or Dried Mango Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
|All Purpose Flour||1 tsp|
- Boil, peel and grate the potatoes coarsely. Keep aside.
- Cut the onion, green chillies and coriander leaves finely.
- For the filling, heat 1 tsp of oil in a nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add rest of the spices and mix a little. Now add grated potatoes, crumbled cheese, onion, green chillies and chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix everything and cook for a few minutes. Turn off the heat. Filling is ready, keep it aside.
- Cut off the sides of the bread and discard them.
- Flatten each bread slice with the help of a rolling pin.
- Mix 1 tsp of all purpose flour (maida) and 2 tsp of water and make a paste. Keep aside.
- Put a spoonful of filling in the middle of the bread and roll it tightly like a log. Seal the ends with the help of the flour paste.
- Repeat with all the bread slices.
- Heat the nonstick pan again and add a few drops of oil. Place a few bread logs on the pan and cook on medium heat.
- Turn over the logs to brown all the sides. Add a little oil as needed.
- Healthy Bread Rolls are ready. Take them off the heat and serve them hot with your favorite chutney or sauce.
- It’s better if the bread is fresh otherwise it will be a little dry and crumble while rolling.
- You can make any kind of filling but just make sure it does not have any big pieces because then the bread will not roll properly.
- You can use as much or as little oil as you want in this recipe. The more oil it has the more crispy it becomes.