|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||10 minutes|
|Bathua Leaves||100 gm|
|Plain Yogurt||500 gm|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Heeng (asafoetida powder)||A pinch|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
- Remove the stems of Bathua Leaves.
- Wash it multiple times so that there is no dirt. Cook in pressure cooker with half inch of water. Once the cooker starts whistling, turn off the heat.
- Open the cooker when steam dies down. Drain the water and grind bathua with very little water preferably on a grinding stone.
- Whisk yogurt with ground bathua, salt and red chilli powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add heeng and jeera. Wait till jeera crackles.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the tempering to the yogurt and mix. Bathue Ka Raita is ready to serve.
- If you blend bathua in blender, you may have to add some water. So make sure that at least yogurt is thick so that the Raita is not too watery.
- Bathua is also known as White GooseFoot.