Sukhe Aloo (Sauted Potatoes) is a very versatile side dish that goes well with any bread and it’s really easy to make.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Aloo (potatoes)||1.5 lb|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1 tsp|
|Heeng (asafoetida)||A pinch|
|Red chilli powder||3/4 tsp|
|Sabut lal mirch (whole red chillies)||3|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Kuti saunf (crushed fennel seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Tejpatta (bay leaves)||3|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
- Boil potatoes. Peel them and cut them in large pieces.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida to the oil. Wait till seeds puff up.
- Break whole red chillies into 2 pieces and add to the oil. Add bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds. Make sure that cillies are fried.
- Add rest of the spices and saute for a few seconds.
- Add potato pieces and salt.
- Mix everything so that potatoes are well covered with all the spices. Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve it hot with Steamed Rice and fresh Yogurt.
- This can also be served as a starter.
- This goes very well with puri when you are traveling. I prefer cutting potatoes in smaller pieces when preparing to eat with puri.
Based on 1 Review(s)