Kohlrabi or Ganth Gobhi is a rather uncommon vegetable. It has a very good crunch and a sweet taste if eaten as salad. Since it’s a little sweet, the vegetable preparation comes out a little sweeter. To compensate for it, you may want to add more tomatoes and more chillies.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Fresh Ganth Gobhi (Kohl Rabi)||750 gm|
|Onions||1 cup sliced|
|Freshly blended tomatoes||1 cup|
|Cumin seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1.5 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh cilantro||To garnish|
- Peel kohlrabi and cut it in 1/2 cm thick pieces. You should peel it thick, especially at the bottom because it can be pretty tough at the bottom.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add sliced onions and saute till they become limp.
- Reduce heat. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and stir till fragrant.
- Now add chopped kohlrabi and salt. Mix thoroughly and cover it with a lid. Let it cook till it’s soft (about 20 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Once ganth gobhi is soft, add blended tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add garam masala and mix gently. Kohlrabi or Ganth Gobhi is ready, garnish it with fresh cilantro leaves and serve..
- Serve it hot with Flat bread, Raita and Cheese with Peas.