Galauti Kebab are the famous kebabs of Lucknow. Galauti in Hindi means that which melts. So the Galauti Kebabs are the the ones, which melt in mouth. These were first made in the kitchen of a Nawab, who had weak teeth and could not chew food properly. Normally meat is used in these kebabs but this recipe replaces meat with rajma.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Boiled rajma or kidney beans||1.5 cup|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Green chilli||1 – 2|
- Mash boiled rajma and paneer. Make sure that rajma is well drained. Chop green chillies finely.
- Mix everything except oil and make a dough. If the dough is not stiff, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Make small kebabs from the rajma dough in any shape you like.
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry the galauti kebabs. These kebabs are a little delicate so handle them gently.
- Flip the kebabs and fry from both sides till brown.
- When galauti kebabs are brown enough, take them out and serve them with thick masala curd.