Rasmalai is very popular Bengali sweet. If you know how to make Rasgullas, converting them to Rasmalai is just one easy step.
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Full Cream Milk||1 litre|
- I am assuming that you have already made Rasgullas (see how).
- Heat milk in a large frying pan and keep stirring it until it boils.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer slowly till it reduces to half the volume.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Gently squeeze the syrup out of rasgullas while flattening them.
- Drop the rasgullas in the milk. Turn off the heat.
- Cover it and leave it for an hour so that rasgullas absorb the milk.
- Pour it in bowl and refrigerate. Rasmalai is ready. Top it with coarsely ground pistachio and serve it chilled.
- You can even make rasmalais out of the canned rasgullas.
- If you are making rasgullas at home, flatten the cheese balls a bit before you make rasgullas so that you get the right shape of rasmalai.
- Please remember that the milk will thicken a little after refrigeration so don’t reduce it too much.