Meethe Jave is a simple home made sweet that you will never find in any restaurant and that’s what makes it really special. It is one of our age old recipes that we learnt from our grandma.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Jave (Vermicelli)||1 cup|
|Brown sugar||1 cup|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1/4 tsp|
|Dry coconut pieces||1 tbsp|
|Almonds (badam) pieces||1 tbsp|
|Kishmish (raisins)||1 tbsp|
|Small cardamom (choti elaichi)||1|
- Saute jave (vermicelli) in ghee till it browns a little (see pictures below).
- Add everything except sugar and roast for a couple of minutes. Now add 1.5 cups of water and let it boil. Reduce heat. Cover it with a lid and let it cook till all the water is soaked.
- Add sugar and gently mix till it’s fully absorbed. Meethe Jave are ready. Jave should be soft but not mushy.
- Turn off the heat and serve Meethe Jave hot.
- If you donâ€™t have handmade vermicelli, replace it with machine made vermicelli.
- You can add any nuts of your choice in this.
- Coconut pieces taste magical in this dish.