Dhaniya Prasad is a traditional offering for Lord Krishna on the festival of Janmashtami. It is very similar to the whole wheat flour kasaar except that the flour is replaced with dhaniya powder.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Dhaniya seeds||1 cup|
|Saunth (dried ginger) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mixed nuts||1/2 cup|
- Roast dhaniya seeds lightly so that they become crisp. Cool them down and then grind into powder. You can also use ready made dhaniya powder but grinding the seeds at the time of use gives more flavor.
- Chop the nuts coarsely.
- Saute the chopped nuts in ghee till they start to change color.
- Now add ground dhaniya powder in the same pan and saute for a few minutes until dhaniya is fragrant.
- Once fragrant, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- When dhaniya mixture is cold, add ground sugar and saunth powder and mix well with your fingers.
- Dhaniya prasad is ready to offer.