Dates and Nuts Rolls is perfect for those, who like to avoid sugar. It has no added sugar. All the sugar comes from dried fruits. It’s rich in nuts but you are supposed to eat a handful of nuts everyday in any case so this is a healthy sweet for all those who have a sweet tooth.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Dates, Cranberries, Dry Plums||3 cups|
|Mixed Nuts (Cashew, Almond, Pistachio, Melon Seeds)||1 cup|
|Coconut powder||2 tbsp|
- Crush nuts coarsely and separately. Do not mix all the nuts before crushing because some nuts are soft and some are hard so it’s best to crush them separately and then mix.
- Peel and crush the cardamoms. Keep aside.
- Mince the dates, plums and cranberries separately.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a nonstick pan and roast the nuts mixture for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Keep them aside.
- Put the minced dates, cranberries and plums in the nonstick pan and roast on medium heat so that the mixture is heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Add the roasted nuts and cardamom powder and mix.
- Spread ghee on the kitchen counter and then pour the dates mixture on the counter.
- Bring the mixture together and roll it into a log of 1.5 inch diameter.
- Spread the coconut powder on the counter and roll the log in it so that it’s evenly covered with the coconut.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours to cool down.
- Cut it into 1 cm thick pieces and Dates and Nuts rolls are ready.
- This will stay well in pantry for a long time.
- Generally people make it with dates only (without cranberries and plums). I prefer to add a tart dry fruit so that the flavor is more interesting. It’s your choice. You can make it just with dates or add any other dry fruits you have like dry apricots, aam papad etc.