Ravioli is a kind of filled pasta. Making ravioli is a little bit of work but it tastes soooooooo good. It can be served with tomato sauce, white sauce or just tossed in olive oil. Spinach Cheese Ravioli is one of the most popular ravioli for vegetarians.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Cottage Cheese||1 cup|
|Boiled Spinach||1/4 cup|
|Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Crushed Red Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/4 cup|
|Fresh Pasta Sheet||2 feet long|
- Mix cottage cheese, spinach, salt and black pepper for the filling and keep aside.
- Prepare the pasta sheet.
- Spread the sheet on the kitchen counter and cut 2.5 inch squares.
- Place a spoon full of filling on a square and wet the sides.
- Cover it with another square. Stick together both the squares around the filling.
- Cut the sides of the ravioli with a pastry cutter. Repeat with other pieces.
- Drop these raviolis in boiling water with a spoon full of salt. Boil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the boiled ravioli.
- Mix pasta sauce and ravioli, top it with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper and Spinach Cheese Ravioli is ready to serve.
- You can also use ready made won ton wrappers instead of pasta sheets for the ravioli cover.