I love fruit cakes but Blueberry Cake beats them all. The blueberries and lemon rind give it a refreshing taste with a zesty punch.
|Preparation Time:||1 hour 15 minutes|
|All Purpose Flour||1.5 cups|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Unsalted Butter||6 tbsp|
|Vanilla Essence||1/2 tsp|
- Take a baking dish and grease it lightly. Now add 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and rotate in the dish till it’s fully coated with a thin layer of flour. Pat off the extra flour.
- Grate the lemon skin to get the lemon zest. Keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one beating in between till it’s light and fluffy.
- Now add vanilla essence and lemon zest and mix.
- Add half of the flour and mix well.
- Then add rest of the flour and milk. Beat it again only till combined.
- Fold in the blueberries, keeping a few aside for the topping.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and top it with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake it for about 55 minutes at 350 degree Fahrenheit in a preheated oven.
- Perform the prick test – stick a wooden prick in the middle of the cake and remove it quickly. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If it has wet batter on it, bake it for another 5 minutes or so and test again.
- Take it out and let it cool in the pan. Once it cools down, remove it from the pan gently. Blueberry cake is ready. Cut it and serve.
- For best results butter and eggs should be at room temperature.
- If the butter is salted, don’t add extra salt.
- Folded blueberries always settle at the bottom. So always top the batter in the baking dish with a few blueberries.