Gur Ki Roti is a rustic sweet bread from Punjab. It’s one of those comfort foods that you enjoy at any time.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Whole Wheat Flour||1 cup|
|Gur (Jaggery)||1 cup|
|Sugar Granules||1 tsp|
|Sesame seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Khuskhus Seeds||1/2 tsp|
- Heat 1/2 cup of water. Add grated jaggery to the water and stir till it dissolves.
- Cool the jaggery water a bit. Knead a tight dough with the flour and the jaggery water. Add more water if required.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts. Roll a part into a thick roti.
- Put it on a hot griddle.
- Flip it over when you start to see bubbles forming.
- Pinch the roti a bit to form indents.
- Use ghee to make a parantha.
- Add some sugar, sesame seeds and khuskhus seeds in the indents and flip it over.
- Sugar will melt a bit and seeds will be roasted a bit. Serve it hot.
- Sesame seeds and Khuskhus are completely optional.