Making your own tortilla chips is a great way to consume any leftover tortillas after making burritos or quesadillas. Chips will be fresh and you can decide if you want to fry them or bake them.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Crushed Pepper or Paprika (optional)||1/2 tsp each|
- Preheat over to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle some seasonings on it if you wish, like crushed pepper or paprika.
- Cut wedges of the desired shape and size and place them on a baking tray in a single layer for even baking.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Check if they are beginning to crisp from the lower side, if yes, flip them over and bake for another minute or so.
- Once they are crisp from both sides and golden brown, take them out and serve with a dip of your choice.
- When baking quesadillas, keep a constant eye on the tortillas, they brown very fast.
- If you are serving the chips with a dip, seasoning on tortilla does not really make much difference.
- You can even fry the tortilla wedges if you wish.
- Always read the whole recipe first before you start cooking.