Peanut Bhel is a healthy version of the popular snack called bhelpuri. The peanuts give it the protein and the vegetables give it the vitamins. Unlike regular bhelpuri, it gives much more crunch to the bhel and does not limp after some time.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Raw peanuts (kachchi moongphali)||100 gm|
|Cucumber (kheera)||1 Medium|
|Boiled potato (aloo)||1 Medium|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||To garnish|
- Dry roast shelled peanuts in a pan on medium heat. Keep stirring.
- Wait till they brown a bit. Turn off the heat.
- Let the peanuts cool a bit. Rub them in the palms of your hands so that the thin peanut cover comes off and they also break in half.
- Blow away the red husks. Don’t worry if some husk is still remaining.
- Chop all the vegetables fine and cube the boiled potato.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Peanut Bhel is ready to serve.
- Feel free to add or remove any vegetable from this bhel. Onions give it a nice crunch and tomatoes give it the tanginess along with lime. Mashed potato kind of binds it together.