Chinese eggplant in garlic sauce is a sweet and spicy dish, best enjoyed with steamed rice. It has that velvety sauce, which can be made as spicy as you want to please everyone.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Ginger||1 tbsp chopped|
|Green Onions or Fresh Coriander||To garnish|
|Vegetable Oil||4 tbsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp|
|Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Corn Starch||1.5 tbsp|
- Finely chop green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Cut half inch thick pieces of eggplant about 2 to 3 inches long.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a nonstick pan and layer the eggplant pieces.
- Flip over the pieces after a couple of minutes. Once both sides are a little brown, remove them from pan and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and saute chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli flakes, salt, honey and corn starch in a cup of water.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and stir.
- Add sauted eggplant and mix lightly to coat all pieces.
- Garnish Chinese eggplant in garlic sauce with chopped green onions or coriander leaves and serve it with steaming steamed rice.
- The long eggplants are better for this recipe as they are less bitter but even the big round eggplants work.
- You can even fry eggplant pieces instead of sauteing them. Just make sure that you fry them on high heat. The eggplant pieces should hold the shape and not become too mushy.
- Always cook this dish on high heat.
- You can also add 5-6 green onions along with ginger and garlic.
- Read the complete recipe first before starting to cook.
Chinese eggplant in garlic sauce
Based on 2 Review(s)