Paneer Capsicum Satay is a variation of Indonesian street food. They generally use tofu but I replaced it with paneer.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Red, Yellow and Green Capsicum||1 each|
|Red Curry Paste||200 gm|
|Brown Sugar||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1 tbsp|
|Lemon Grass (bottom white portion)||1 tbsp chopped|
|Lime Leaves||2 tbsp chopped|
|Coconut Milk||600 ml|
|Light Soy Sauce||3 tbsp|
- Cut 1 inch by 1 inch by .5 inch cubes of paneer.
- Chop about 1 inch squares of capsicum, zucchini and onion.
- Mix everything in a bowl except paneer and capsicum.
- Add paneer and vegetables in the spice mixture. Mix lightly so that paneer does not break.
- Skew pepper, paneer, onion and zucchini carefully. Keep in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Grill in a pan or oven from all sides.
- Paneer Capsicum Satay are ready. Serve it hot with peanut sauce.
- Soak the skewers in water before grilling so that they don’t burn.
- Home made paneer does not work very well in this recipe because it’s too soft for skewers.