This recipe of Peanut Sauce is an Indonesian recipe. It goes very well with Paneer Capsicum Satay.
|Preparation Time:||60 minutes|
|Raw Shelled Peanuts||100 gm|
|Red Curry Paste||100 gm|
|Lime Leaves||2 tbsp chopped|
|Lemon Grass (bottom white portion only)||3 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder (Haldi)||1 tbsp|
|Light Soy Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Tamarind Paste||1 tbsp|
|Palm Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Coconut Milk||120 ml|
|Sesame Oil||4 tsp|
|Garlic||2 tbsp grated|
- Lightly roast the peanuts in a pan. When they are cold enough to handle, rub peanuts between the palms to remove the thin red shell. Blow off the shell.
- Grind the peanuts coarsely.
- Peel the garlic and grate it finely.
- Remove the outer shell of lemon grass and grate it finely.
- Wash and chop the lime leaves finely.
- Mix everything in a bowl except garlic and oil.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and saute the grated garlic.
- When it starts to turn brown, add the peanut mixture.
- Cook it for 30 minutes on low heat, while stirring constantly till it starts to boil. Peanut sauce is ready to serve.
- Soak the skewers in water so that they don’t burn while grilling.