Ever wonder what to do with corn cobs that are not soft and sweet? Worry not, try these Bhutte Ke Pakore (Corn Fritters), with a twist. Instead of deep frying them, I shallow fried them. Instead of corn flour, I used our old friend besan and they come out great.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Servings:||12 fritters – serves 3|
|Boiled Corn Kernels||2 cups|
|Pickle Masala||1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Vegetable Oil||3 tbsp|
- Chop green chillies and coriander leaves finely. Boil the corn kernels and mash them a bit. cooking whole corn may splutter.
- Mix everything in a bowl except oil.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add a tsp of oil. Spread a tbsp full of corn batter on the pan. Repeat till the pan is full.
- Cover the pan and cook it on low heat. Flip the fritters after a few minutes.
- Remove from the pan once they are brown and fully cooked on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Bhutte Ke Pakore (Corn Fritters) are ready. Serve them hot with your favorite Chutney or ketchup.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings as per your taste.
- You can skip baking soda if you like. It just makes them puff up a bit.