I don’t know if Chinese Style Potatoes is an authentic Chinese recipe or not because I have never eaten it in any of the authentic Chinese restaurants but it certainly tastes great and every one loves it.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Potatoes (aloo)||4 medium|
|Ginger||1 tbsp grated|
|Garlic||1 tbsp grated|
|Vegetable Oil||For frying|
|Soy Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Tomato Ketchup||2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Corn starch||2 tsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp|
|Red Onion||2 medium|
|Spring Onion Greens or Coriander Leaves||To Garnish|
- Parboil potatoes. Peel them and cut them into 1/2 inch fingers. Store them in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Fry the potato fingers till golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Sprinkle a little salt and red chilli powder on it.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Fry ginger and garlic.
- Chop the onion in thick sliices and add to the wok. Fry for a minute till a little limp. Add chilli sauce and ketchup.
- Mix corn starch in 1/2 cup of water and keep aside.
- Add all the spices in the wok and the corn starch slurry. Keep stirring.
- Add the potatoes to the wok and toss.
- Chinese Style Potatoes are ready. Garnish with the greens and serve it hot.
- You can chop onion greens in 2 inch pieces and cut it like matchsticks. Put it in ice water for an hour. The greens will curl. Garnish on potatoes.
- Adjust the spices as per your liking.