This Butter Paneer recipe is easily the best paneer curry I have ever had at home, totally restaurant style. Jains can skip the onion in this recipe and it will come out as good because the quantity of onion is really small in this recipe..
|Preparation Time: 5 minutes||Cooking Time: 30 minutes|
|Servings: 10||Difficulty: Easy|
|Ginger||2 inch piece|
|Broken Cashews||1/4 cup|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 inch|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Deghi Mirch (optional)||1 tsp|
|Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||2 tbsp|
|Readymade Tomato Puree||1/2 cup|
- Cut paneer into pieces and keep aside.
- Cut half the ginger in juliennes and keep aside.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, the remaining ginger roughly and add to a pan. Add 3 green chillies, cashews, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom, 1 tbsp of butter, 1/2 tsp red chilli and 1 liter of water. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when tomatoes are soft.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter. Add julienned ginger and paneer pieces.
- Saute for a couple of minutes. Add 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder and 1 slit green chilli and saute again.