Papri is an essential part of Indian chaat. This recipe has some garlic and chilli, which makes it fun to eat just by itself. Chef Ajay Chopra showed this recipe in Master Chef.
|Preparation time:||70 minutes|
|All Purpose Flour||250 gm|
|Ajwain (Carom) Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Garlic Paste||1/4 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||To Fry|
- Rub 50 gm of oil in the flour. It should look like fresh bread crumbs.
- Add salt, chilli powder, ajwain and garlic paste to the flour.
- Knead it in a tight dough.
- Leave it covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts. Do not knead again.
- Roll each part of the dough in a thin roti.
- Prick it with knife so that they do not puff up while frying.
- Cut each roti in wedges or any other shape you like.
- Fry them on low heat till they are golden brown.
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve it with yogurt and tamarind chutney.
- You can reduce the oil rubbed into the flour but it should be no less than 40 gm.
- If you want to eat it as papri, make it as thin as possible. Otherwise if you want to eat it as it is, you can make it thicker.