Vegetable Risotto is very much like Indian Khichadi but with a very different flavor. It’s easy to make and you can make so many variations just by changing the vegetables.
|Preparation Time:||35 minutes|
|Arborio Rice||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Spinach Leaves||About 30|
|Broccoli||2 cups (florets)|
|Vegetable Broth||3 cups|
|Kali mirch (black peppercorns)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 cup|
- Blanch broccoli and keep aside, here’s how: Cut broccoli in small florets. Boil 4 cups of water. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat. Add broccoli florets. Remove from water and drain in one minute.
- Chop green onions and red onions coarsely.
- Grate the garlic finely.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and fry till they start browning.
- Add freshly crushed black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Then add rice and mix well so that rice is coated with oil.
- Pour one cup of broth and once the broth starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover the rice.
- When the broth is all absorbed, add another cup and let the rice cook.
- Again when the second cup of broth is also absorbed, add the remaining cup of broth.
- Once all the broth is almost absorbed, add blanched broccoli and raw spinach leaves.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese and mix again lightly. Turn off the heat and cover the rice for 10 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- Vegetable Risotto is ready to serve.
- You can even add red bell pepper in the recipe to make it more colorful.