Vegetable Pizza from a ready made base is a fantastic way to enjoy pizza at home without ordering from outside. The best part is that everyone can have their own choice of toppings and they get to eat it piping hot straight from the oven.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cut tomato can (14 oz) or fresh tomatoes||1|
|Italian seasoning||1 tsp|
|Dried parsley||1/2 tsp|
|Pizza base or Flat bread or Naan||2|
|Mozzarella Cheese||1/2 cup|
|Sliced bell pepper||1/4|
|Sliced jalapeno (optional)||10 pieces|
- Blend cut tomatoes to a smooth paste.
- Pour it in a sauce pan. Add italian seasonings, dried parsley, salt and cook till it starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook till it thickens. Add sugar and mix. Turn off the heat. Keep it aside.
Putting pizza together
- Spread the sauce on the bread.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Top it with vegetables. Sprinkle a little cheese over the vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and base became crisp.
- Remove from oven and brush olive oil on the edges of the pizza. Vegetable Pizza from a ready made base is ready. Cut it into four pieces. Serve hot.
- You can use any kind of thick flat bread as base. I sometimes use thick bread slices.
- Feel free to use your own combination of vegetables. Involve kids. They love to make their own personal pizzas.
- If I want to make only one small pizza, I bake it in my toaster oven. If you like crisp base, make sure that only the bottom heat is on.