In Mongolian Noodles recipe, noodles are cooked on high heat with a sauce and all the vegetables.Use of soy sauce and chilli sauce is common along with the toasted sesame seeds topping.
|Preparation Time:||45 minutes|
|Hakka noodles (preferably wheat noodles)||200 gm|
|Red onion coarsely chopped||1 small (about 1/2 cup)|
|Tomato – chopped in big pieces||1 medium (about 1 1/2 cup)|
|Chopped green onions||1 bunch (about 1 cup)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Julienned carrots (gajar)||1 cup|
|Julienned french beans||1/2 cup|
|Broccoli florets||3 cups|
|Zucchini – chopped in long 1/2 cm thick pieces||1|
|Olive oil||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Sesame hot oil (optional)||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
|Schezwan sauce||1 tbsp|
|White vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||5 tbsp|
|Roasted til (white sesame seeds)||2 tbsp|
- Chop vegetables in long cut.
- Boil noodles as per the package instructions. Wash in cold water and drain. Washing in cold water helps in keeping the noodles separated. Immediately add 3 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix thoroughly so that noodles are well coated with soy sauce and oil.
- Mix vinegar, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, schezwan sauce and keep aside.
- Blanch broccoli in hot water for a minute and drain. Keep is aside.
- Heat a tbsp of sesame hot oil and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Saute red onions, green onions, beans and carrots for a minute.
- Add the sauce mixture, rest of the vegetables and the noodles. Toss lightly to mix everything properly.
- Make sure that noodles are well heated. Top it with roasted sesame seeds. Mongolian Noodles are ready to be served with red chili sauce.
- Feel free to use any vegetables of your choice.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. They should stay crisp.
- Adjust the red chili as per your taste. I personally like it hot.
- If you don’t have sesame oil, replace it with olive oil.
- For blanching, boil water in a sauce pan, turn off the heat, add broccoli in water, wait for a minute and drain.