Tostada is a Spanish word meaning “toasted”. In Mexico and other parts of Latin America, it is the name of various local dishes which are toasted or use a toasted ingredient as the main base of their preparation.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Refried beans||8 oz|
|Mexican 4 cheese||1 cup|
|Shredded lettuce||2 cups|
|Chopped tomato||1 medium|
|Chopped onion||1/2 medium|
|Pickled jalapeno rings (optional)||16 pieces|
|Sour cream||1/4 cup|
|Mexican hot sauce||1/4 cup|
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- Microwave tostada shells for 30 seconds just to make sure they are crisp.
- Prepare the Guacamole.
- Spread refried beans on the tostada shell.
- Top it with cheese.
- Bake it at 400 degree Fahrenheit till the cheese melts.
- Top it with all the vegetables, guacamole and sour cream.
- Garnish with hot sauce and Tostada is ready. Serve it quickly before it becomes soggy.