Guacamole is an avocado-based dip or salad first created by the Aztecs in what is now Mexico. In addition to its use in modern Mexican cuisine it has also become part of American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Tomato chopped||1 medium|
|Red onion||1/2 small|
|Coriander leaves chopped||1/2 cup|
|Fresh lime juice||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Green chillies chopped (optional)||2-3|
- Cut, peel and mash avocados.
- Mix half the tomatoes, onions, chillies, half the coriander leaves and gently mash them together.
- Add avocados, salt and lime and mix.
- Adjust the salt and lime as per your taste.
- Serve with corn chips.
- Choose the avocados that are a little soft to touch.
- It’s easier to mash avocados if you use a fork.
- If you are not using green chillies, add 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- If you are not using guacamole immediately, store it in a airtight container in refrigerator because it oxidizes very fast.