Methi Aloo is a very simple side dish, that can be eaten with roti or parantha. The best part is that the leftover vegetable can be used as stuffing for paranthas.
मेथी आलू की सूखी सब्जी की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Separate out methi leaves from the stems and wash them multiple times because if often contains a lot of dirt. Chop them roughly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 cm thick pieces.
- Heat oil in a large non-sticking pan and add cumin seeds and wait for them to puff up.
- Add potato pieces and stir fry till they are golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Now add two tbsp of water, haldi powder, chili powder, dhaniya powder, green chili and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add methi leaves and one more tbsp of water. Mix and reduce heat. Cover with a lid and let it cook till the potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat. Add garam masala and amchur and mix gently. Methi Aloo is ready.