Spring Vegetables Lasagna is a perfect lasagna for vegetarians. It’s a balanced meal with the goodness of vegetables, noodles for carbs and the two cheeses for protein, not to mention the riot of colors it brings to the table.
|Preparation Time||1.5 hours|
|Marinara sauce||35 oz|
|Paneer or cottage cheese||2 cups|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 cup|
|Onion||1 cup chopped|
|Carrots||1 cup chopped|
|Zucchini||1 cup chopped|
|Red or yellow bell pepper||1 cup|
|Fresh basil leaves||A handful|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
- Boil the lasagna noodles as per the package direction. Once ready, drain and keep aside.
- Chop all the vegetables in half a centimeter cubes. Spinach can be roughly chopped.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Once the oil is hot, add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add rest of the vegetables and saute for a few minutes on medium heat until they start to brown.
- Now, add chopped spinach and 1/4 tsp of salt and saute till spinach leaves wilt and the mixture dries up. Turn off the heat.
- Run the vegetables in the food processor for a couple of swirls to chop the vegetables finely, don’t puree.
- Mix the crumbled paneer, chopped vegetables, 1/4 tsp of salt and crushed black pepper.
- Assemble the lasagna. Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce in a 12 x 6 inch baking dish.
- Lay down 3 boiled noodles in the dish. Spread half the vegetable mixture on the noodles. Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce on vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on sauce.
- Repeat the previous step again.
- Lay the last 3 noodles in the dish. Pour all the remaining sauce on top and spread. Break the basil leaves roughly and spread on the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarrela cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil tightly and put in the preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. After 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, Spring Vegetables Lasagna is ready.