Enchilada is a corn tortilla rolled with filling inside and topped with a chilli pepper sauce. Traditional enchiladas sauce does not use any tomatoes but I personally like it better with tomatoes so here is a recipe of Tomato Enchilada Sauce that I really like.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|All Purpose Flour||1/8 cup|
|Tomato Paste||1/4 cup|
|Vegetable Broth||2.5 cups|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add cumin powder and all purpose flour.
- Keep stirring so that flour is cooked but does not burn.
- Add tomato paste and whisk again.
- Add rest of the things and let it cook. Keep whisking it till it starts to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and cook for about 5 minutes. It will slowly thicken a bit. Turn off the heat.
- Tomato Enchilada Sauce is ready for enchiladas.
- If you don’t have tomato paste, you can use tomato puree but double the quantity of the puree.
- You can also add pureed jalapenos to the sauce to make it more spicy.
Tomato Enchilada Sauce
Based on 1 Review(s)