Roti Paranta Dip is a coconut based dip and is normally served with lachcha paranthas as an appetizer in Malaysian restaurants.
|Preparation Time:||25 minutes|
|Canned Coconut Milk||2 cups|
|Fresh Red or Green Chillies||2|
|Lemon Grass Stalks||2|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp|
- Wash lime leaves and chop them finely. Keep aside.
- Peel and slice onion roughly. Keep aside.
- Peel and grate garlic finely.
- Chop chillies finely.
- Remove the outer hard shell of lemongrass and grate it finely.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute onions.
- Once onions caramelize, add all the spices and saute for another minute.
- Now add coconut milk, chopped lime leaves, kari leaves, chopped chillies, sugar and lemongrass.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Roti Paranta dip is ready to serve.
- You can even eat it with other types of breads like normal parantha, naan or tandoori roti.
- You can saute some more vegetables along with onion and make a nice coconut curry to eat with steamed rice.