Palak Paneer is the most popular spinach preparation in Indian cuisine and fortunately, it’s very healthy too. This version of Palak Paneer is how it is made in restaurants.
|Cooking Time: 60 minutes||Servings: 2||Difficulty: Medium|
|Palak (spinach)||250 gm|
|Adarak (ginger)||1 tbsp grated|
|Curry Gravy||1/2 cup|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Onion||1/2 cup chopped|
|Tomatoes||1/2 cup chopped|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Kasoori Methi||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/4 tsp|
|Cream (optional)||2 tbsp|
- Wash the palak leaves and boil them in one cup of water with grated ginger and green chili for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Once the leaves cool down, blend it into a smooth paste. Cook the paste on low heat in a pan till it’s thick.
- Peel and chop onion coarsely. Chop tomatoes and also cut paneer in one inch pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add jeera and wait till they puff up. Add chopped onion and fry till they are translucent.
- Add kasoori methi, red chili powder, coriander powder to the pan and saute for a few seconds.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook on low heat till tomatoes soften.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add half cup of curry gravy and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of spinach paste and mix well. Once everything is mixed fully, add salt and paneer pieces and cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle garam masala on top and Palak Paneer is ready to serve. Optionally, you can top it with cream just before serving.
- You may add some fresh cream to the curry before serving.
Palak Paneer - Restaurant Style
Based on 1 Review(s)