Momos are a favorite snack among kids these days. This is a vegetable momo recipe but, you can use any other filling of your choice and easily make a different variation.
|Preparation time:||60 minutes|
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Shredded cabbage||1/2 cup|
|Finely chopped carrots||1/2 cup|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped cilantro||1/4 cup|
|Melted butter||1 tbsp|
|Green chili sauce||1 tsp|
|Schezwan or momo sauce||1 tsp|
|Kitchen king masala||1/2 tsp|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
- Knead a tight dough with flour and water. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, chop all the vegetables finely and put them in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and make balls. Flatten each ball and roll it as thin as possible using dry flour. Use a cookie cutter, if you want to make them exactly the same size.
- Take one rolled piece, put a spoonful of vegetable mixture in the middle and pinch together all the sides to give it a momo shape. There are many possible ways of sealing the vegetables in and it can be as simple as just folding the rolled dough in half with vegetables in the middle.
- Repeat with all the balls.
- Preheat the steamer. Place all the momos on the buttered surface of the steamer. Cover it and steam for about 18 minutes on medium heat.
- Open up the steamer and take out the momos. Vegetable Momos are ready to serve with chili sauce or soy sauce or momo sauce.
Based on 2 Review(s)