This is a Benarasi chaat as shown by Chef Ajay Chopra in the TV show Northern Flavours. The unique thing about this chaat is the tomato curry drizzled on top of the tikiya and the papri. #spreadtheflavours
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Poppy Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cashew Pieces||1 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Lime Juice||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||To Garnish|
- Make thin and crisp tikiyas.
- Make 2 shallow cuts on the head of tomatoes and boil them in an open pan. Once their skin starts to come off, turn off the heat and peel the tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes roughly.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add crushed kali mirch, poppy seeds and cashew bits. Mix for few seconds. Add khoya and again mix till it dissolves. Add roughly chopped boiled tomatoes, red chilli powder and salt.
- Cook till tomatoes soften further and it becomes like gravy. Add some water if required. It’s ok to have some tomato chunks in the gravy. Add garam masala and mix. Add a little bit of chaat masala, lime juice and fresh coriander leaves and mix again. Turn off the heat. Curry is ready.
- Now plate the chaat. Place one tikiya in a plate and press it a bit.
- Place a few papri pieces on tikiya.
- Drizzle the tomato curry on papri. Benarasi tomato chaat is ready.