Benarasi Tamatar Chaat is the famous chaat of Benaras. Nowadays, it is available in other cities too but it’s not that popular although it’s absolutely heavenly.
|Boiled and grated potato
|Jeera (cumin seeds)
|Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Chop tomatoes roughly, peel and grate ginger finely, and chop green chilies finely.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and wait till they puff up. Now add grated ginger and green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, kala namak and white salt. Cook on low heat till tomatoes are all mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are mashed up, add boiled and grated potato and again cook on low heat till oil starts to separate.
- Now add rest of the ingredients except papri and mix well. The tamatar chat gravy is ready.
- Serve it warm with papri. Benarasi Tamatar Chaat is ready.
Benarasi Tomato Chaat