Vegetable Pancake is a cousin of besan cheela except that it has more vegetables and less besan, which makes it healthier. Also it is much thicker and made in a sandwich grill.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Besan (Chickpeas flour)||1 cup|
|Cabbage||1 cup shredded|
|Zucchini||1 cup shredded|
|Carrots||1 cup shredded|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Chopped fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Grated ginger||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
- Preheat the sandwich grill.
- Shred carrots, cabbage and zucchini coarsely.
- Peel and grate ginger finely. Chop green chillies and fresh cilantro finely.
- Mix everything in a big bowl except the oil.
- Oil the grill on both sides and spread half the mixture in the sandwich grill in a thick layer.
- Cook it for about 5 minutes. Flip it over and cook for another 5 minutes. The actual time will depend on the power of your grill.
- Once vegetable pancake becomes golden brown from both sides, take it out and repeat with rest of the mixture. Vegetable pancakes are ready, serve them hot with a chutney or ketchup.
- You can add or remove any vegetables in this recipe. For example, instead of zucchini, you can use bottle gourd. You can even add chopped onions.
- You can even change the spices. For example, you may want to add black pepper or carom seeds in it.