Paneer Bhurji is one of those preparations, which can be eaten at any time. If you have no other vegetables at home, you can quickly prepared paneer bhurji and serve it with paranthas.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Crumbled cottage cheese||2 cups|
|Chopped red onion||1 cup|
|Chopped tomato||1 medium (1 cup)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||To garnish|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
- Crumble cottage cheese a little. It should still stay a little granular and lumpy.
- Chop onions, tomato, chilli and coriander leaves coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes only. Onions should stay crisp.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder and stir till fragrant.
- Quickly add all the remaining items and combine gently.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Paneer bhurji is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- It can be used for many different purposes. You can use it as a side vegetable in lunch or dinner. You can use it as a stuffing in sandwiches. My favorite is to eat it in breakfast with bread and eggs because it’s easy to make in breakfast and it’s very healthy.
- Don’t overcook cottage cheese. It becomes rubbery if you cook it on slow heat for a long time. Best is to cook it on high heat for no more than 5 minutes.
- If the cheese you are using does not crumble easily, grate it coarsely before using it in this recipe.
- Make sure that onions are chopped coarsely and are not overcooked so that you get a crunchy bite in the finished dish.