Rawa Dosa is an instant dosa, which tastes just as good as the fermented dosa if not better. As the name suggests, the main ingredient is the rawa or semolina, which makes it pretty healthy too.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Fine Rawa||1/2 cup|
|Rice Flour||1/2 cup|
|Heeng (Asafoetida Powder)||A pinch|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/8 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger||1 tbsp grated|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup chopped|
|Vegetable Oil||2-3 tbsp|
- Remove the stems of coriander and wash the leaves. Chop them finely and keep aside. Similarly discard the stems from kari leaves and chop the leaves finely.
- Wash and chop the green chillies finely.
- Peel and grate the ginger finely.
- Mix everything in a bowl except the oil.
- Add about 2.5 cups of water and whisk it well so that all the lumps are removed.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Now using your hands, slowly sprinkle some mixture on the pan, just enough to cover the pan. Keep it as thin as possible. There will be lots of holes in the middle.
- Once the pan is almost covered, add a few drops of oil around it and cook it on medium heat.
- Once you see that the bottom has browned, carefully lift it and flip it over.
- Cook the second side till that is brown also. Flip again till it’s crisp from both sides.
- Rawa Dosa is ready. Remove from the pan and serve it hot just like that or with hot Sambhar.
- Try to keep the Dosa as thin as possible otherwise it will not come out crisp and Rawa Dosa tastes best when it’s crisp.
- The mixture may thicken after some time. Add some water to keep it thin so that it’s easy to sprinkle a thin layer.