Sweet Banana Curry is a slightly unconventional curry but it’s great as an accompaniment with other curries. It’s especially good if you have a lot of ripe bananas sitting in the pantry.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp|
|Heeng (asafoetida powder)||A pinch|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Lal mirch (red chilli) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
- Peel the bananas.
- Cut them in one centimeter thick pieces.
- Heat the oil and add jeera seeds and asafoetida powder. Wait till the seeds crackle. Add rest of the spices and fry for a few seconds.
- Add sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Now add banana pieces. Once the water starts boiling, lower the heat and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the banana pieces soften a bit, turn off the heat, add garam masala and Sweet Banana Curry is ready to serve.