Stuffed Baingan is a spicy homemade side dish served with a North Indian meal. It is very simple to make and because it has spices stuffed in it, you can also call it tawa baingan.
- Wash and slit eggplants lengthwise.
- Mix all the dry spices together.
- Fill each eggplant with the mixed spices. If the eggplants are too long to fit in the pan, cut them in half.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Add the stuffed eggplants and cover. Reduce heat.
- Open the lid after 5 minutes and roll the eggplants in the oil. You don’t want to roll it right in the beginning because all the dry stuffing will come out.
- Cover it again and let it cook for about 20 minutes until they are soft. Turn them occasionally. Stuffed Baingan is ready.
- Serve them hot with Arhar Dal and Roti (Flat Indian Bread).