Banana Nut Bread is a type of bread that is made with mashed fully ripe bananas. It is often a dense, moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread.
|Cooking time:||40 minutes|
|Broken walnut pieces||1/4 cup|
|Whole wheat flour||1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
- Take a baking pan (preferably tube pan) and grease it lightly. Now add 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and rotate in the pan till the pan is fully coated with a thin layer of flour. Pat off the extra flour. Keep aside.
- Peel and mash bananas and keep aside. Chop walnuts coarsely and keep aside.
- Mix flour and sugar. Add baking powder and baking soda to the flour through a sieve so that it spreads evenly and there are no lumps. Mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the middle and add oil and egg. Mix well till just combined.
- Add walnut pieces, banana and vanilla. Fold lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
- Stick a wooden prick in the bread and remove it quickly. If it comes out clean, bread is ready. If it has wet batter on it, bake it for another 5 minutes or so and test again. Once done, take it out and Banana Nut Bread is ready.
- Try this: Heat a slice in microwave for 20 seconds. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then eat it.