This is the basic dough that is used for making rotis and pranathas.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Servings:||About 20 rotis|
|Whole wheat flour||4 cups|
- Add salt to wheat flour and mix.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and mix everything. Start forming a cohesive dough.
- Slowly add more water till everything is bound together in a soft dough.
- Knead it a little and leave it covered for about 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough again till it becomes smooth.
- Every recipe calls for a different consistency dough. This dough is for normal Indian rotis and paranthas.
- Puri dough is slightly harder than this.
- You can store dough in a air tight box in refrigerator for a few days but try bringing it to room temperature before use for best results.
- You can skip salt in roti dough but for paranthas you must add salt.