This is the basic Roti or Parantha Dough that is used for making rotis and pranathas in Indian Cooking.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Servings:||About 20 rotis|
|Whole wheat flour||4 cups|
- Add salt to wheat flour and mix.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and mix everything. Start forming a cohesive dough.
- Slowly add more water till everything is bound together in a soft dough.
- Knead it a little by stretching and folding. Leave it covered for about 15 minutes for gluten to form.
- Knead the dough again till it becomes smooth. Roti or Parantha Dough is ready.
- Every recipe calls for a different consistency dough. This dough is for normal Indian rotis and paranthas.
- Puri dough is slightly harder than this.
- You can store dough in a air tight box in refrigerator for a few days but try bringing it to room temperature before use for best results.
- You can skip salt in roti dough but for paranthas you must add salt.